Jan 19, 2010

Amped conversion update

I've spent the last week debating which battery to use for my conversion and have narrowed it down to 2; either a 37V 8.2Ah Lithium Polymer from ItsElectric.ca or Danny's new 36V 10Ah Lithium Cobalt blend bottle mount beauty. There's also a 10.2Ah version of the ItsElectric lithium polymer but the 8.2Ah version will handle my commute no problem according to my calculations.


Versus



I'd love to get my kit going sooner rather then later since the daily ride is starting to wear on me, but there is currently no ETA on Danny's new battery. And since its winter I don't assume he's in any rush to get it into production, which is why I've been looking into alternatives. However, Danny's new battery does have some very interesting features - bottle mount, built in controller, bluetooth throttle and iPhone/iPod Touch support (curious what this is all about!).

Alternatively I'd have to determine a rear rack and trunk combo to accommodate any other battery option which would easily add another $100 (minimum) to the cost. For example I've been looking into Topeak's rack and trunk system which would be a great solution for housing everything including any additional items I may need to pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment